- About The
- EVENTS &
- Center news &
- Intern must be students at accredited colleges and universities
- The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree.
- Interns must work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours, in addition to working events that may include irregularly long hours during the evening and on weekends.
- During the basketball season interns must be available to work game night
- Interns must be high-energy, detail-oriented, team players.
- The internship does not provide compensation.
- The internship does not guarantee full-time positions with The Bank of Kentucky Center upon completion.
- The ideal candidate will have at least a 3.0 GPA, administrative experience, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Overview: The Event Services Intern will be responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the Event Services Department, as well as set-up and coordination of all arena events. Intern will be responsible for assisting with FOH for each event. At the end of the internship, the student should expect to be knowledgeable about how events in a multiple use facility take shape and develop, including effective uses of formal and informal relationships required by the sports and entertainment industries.
• Assist the Event Services Department in the planning, organization and supervision of all events at The Bank of Kentucky Center.
• Assist with the daily operations of the Event Services Department including but not limited to daily meetings, filing event information, scheduling, staffing, special projects, etc.
• Assist with all event documentation and coordination.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Good problem solving skills
- Work independently with little supervision
- Work well in a team setting when needed.
- Willingness to work long hours, nights, & weekends
- Ability to work under pressure
Working Environment / Conditions:
• High noise level during events
• Stair climbing and excessive standing for sustained amounts of time.
Please note this is a NON-PAID internship, and is for college credit only!
Please send your resume’s to Lynn Lorio, Director of Event Services at The Bank of Kentucky Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further questions please call 859-292-2881.
Back to top
Contact UsStaff Directory